What can Artificial Intelligence do to keep your database secure? Is AI advisable in the cyber security industry? Find out the pros & cons of AI in cyber security.
Storage of data has become increasingly easy in the past few decades with the advent of technology. We don’t need huge storage rooms to stack heaps of papers anymore. Everything can be stored in soft forms in a database of a computer. With this advantage also rose the risk of data breaching or cyber-attacks.
Technology keeps advancing towards betterment with each on-going second and so do novel methods of attacks. The security-attack duo seems to be in a constant loop trying to outdo each other.
An attack on your precious data can lead to the leakage of important information including credit card numbers, social security numbers, passwords and other personal information. So where lays the solution? The solution is Artificial Intelligence!!
Role of AI in cyber security
Smartphones and other gadgets have already begun incorporating bio-metric systems of security into their mechanism. Fingerprints and face recognition features are all part of this.
Do this AI can remedy the potential risk involved in saving data in databases? Let’s find out.
According to the report on the relevance of AI in cyber security, two out of three firms are planning to adopt AI solutions for security purposes in 2020. AI is the future of the cyber security industry. It promises the identification of threats for better results and stronger security.
- Bio-metric logins are much more secure than password-protected systems.
- Artificial Intelligence can detect threats and malicious activities much faster than other security strategies. With heaps of data to be scrutinized for potential malware, the task could get rather troublesome.
- AI can reduce the routine responsibilities of people and minimize human labor.
- AI runs pattern recognition in software to detect even the slightest behavioral changes.
- This technology can predict potential risks. According to the IEEE Computer Society, AI can detect threats at 95% better rates than traditional methods.
- AI utilizes natural language deduction to process information to identify threats.
- An AI-powered authentication strategy is more dynamic and advantageous to users.
- Multi-factor authentication helps the technology to understand a user’s information to deduce their behavior and determine access privileges.
- The recognition of cyber vulnerabilities becomes easier with AI. An imitation algorithm can pose high risks at data breach.
There are high chances that cyber criminals have beaten you to AI-powered algorithms. However, with the increase in cyber threats, keeping faith in the advantages posed by Artificial Intelligence is an option many firms are conforming to.
The most important thing to be looked after while asserting an artificially intelligent cyber security system is that constant updates are inevitable. A good technician would know to keep up with the race and ritualistically update algorithmic weaknesses from time to time.
AI is not a substitute for human security systems or engineers. However, it can surely facilitate another level of security which wasn’t hitherto possible. Faster detection of risks prioritizes cyber defense systems above human ones.
Recommended Posts –