Well, data is considered a digital gold – as it help organizations in making better decisions. Whether it is the financial information or details of the customers, it is important to keep the data safe.
Many organizations are moving to the cloud to protect their data, and there is a large amount of critical data that needs to be protected.
Before we know more about protecting enterprise data in AWS, let’s know about the data security challenges in AWS.
Data Security Challenges in Cloud Computing
Cloud computing is all about storing the data in data centres that are common to several users. The most common challenge faced by organizations in cloud computing is data loss. Whether it is deleting the files by accident or gaining unauthorized access – organizations are used constant pressure to protect their data.
Data breach is another key challenge in cloud computing. Often, the cloud platforms are prone to breaches – as the third-party entities can easily access them. Hackers might easily break into the cloud and steal/misuse the data.
Besides this, employees may disclose sensitive information to third-party due to lack of data security awareness, phishing, vishing or similar activities.
Amazon Web Services (AWS)
ensures utmost security and privacy of your data. The network infrastructure provided by AWS data centres ensure all the devices you work on, valuable information and identities are protected from internal and external threats.
Tips to Safeguard Enterprise Data in AWS
With more and more data being stored in cloud, enterprises need to implement robust security policies and practices to deal with data stored in AWS cloud. Here are some tips to safeguard enterprise data in AWS –
1. Although AWS is responsible for protecting the infrastructure on AWS cloud, enterprises must take the responsibility of security configuration and manage the services they choose to use.
2. Organizations must take precautions against unauthorized access of data using multi-factor authentication. Also, one should enable virtual 2FA for an IAM user in the AWS account.
3. Organize periodic training to the employees – as hackers often target employees to gain access to the network. Make sure that your employees are aware of the security protocols to enhance security of your systems on AWS cloud.
4. Use end-to-end data protection to protect your data against unauthorized access. Install SSL certificate on AWS that allows encrypted interaction between the server and browser. Using https protocol will not only help protect sensitive information but affirms your identity.
5. Protect your enterprise data in AWS by using AWS security tools – GuardDuty, AWS Shield, CloudWatch, Macie, AWS Inspector etc.
6. Use trusted advisor to safeguard your enterprise data in AWS. From watching the cloud environment to scanning the internal networks – they keep an eye on all areas of cloud services.
Hope this information will help you learn ways to manage your AWS services. As more and more businesses move their data into cloud, they need to take more precautions to manage the data safely.
Protect your enterprise data by implementing AWS with Amvion labs. Our team of experts help you adopt data security measures and guide you in maintaining data stealth.
Contact us to book a free consultation on Managed Cloud Services