In terms of cybercrime, phishing remains one of the most effective methods. Essentially, phishing is when a bad actor poses as a trustworthy individual so that they can trick their victims into providing sensitive information such as usernames, passwords, and financial information. While phishing attacks doubled in 2020, they continued to grow throughout 2021, with remote work posing a challenge for businesses to ensure their users stay safe. Currently, hackers are using increasingly sophisticated methods to trick employees into downloading malicious attachments or compromising sensitive data. These attacks are one of the most common and dangerous types of online crimes today, as they are able to target hundreds or thousands of people at once.
For example, Email Account Upgrade Scam. This scam can appear to be coming from a trusted email provider such as Microsoft or Google, or even your company's IT department, threatening your account's expiration unless action is taken immediately. From this email, it doesn't appear to contain anything harmful. It doesn't contain any obvious grammatical errors or elaborate requests, and the link itself would appear to direct the visitor to a safe "https" web page.
• Exhaustive scan of global phishing and spamming databases to cross-check potential compromises of customer’s domain/s
• Inspect if I-frames, malware, or Java Drive-bys could be downloaded to infect the machines of end users of websites or e-commerce portals through sandbox application
• Automated daily scan and report generation &Phishing complaints reporting system
• Anti-Viruses check for web portal infections by crawling through all known paths
• DNS Hijack Detection via cross checking with 450 odd DNS servers from across the world
• Monitoring of logo misuse by using 24x7 phishing feeds; image processing engine that incorporates machine learning; exploitation of certificate transparency logs (CTL) for comparison and monitoring.
Amvion Labs’ trains customers’ on how to spot phishing attacks as well as how to report phishing attacks as soon as they believe they have been targeted.
Amvion Labs’ continually prepares for Disaster & enables the Recovery Faster.